50 points to whoever knows that song.
So here's a little trivia about my life.
Keep in mind, I am only (almost) nineteen, and this is my very first semester of college. It's basically the same story for nearly all the girls here within my realm of social circles, though I do associate with older students.
Since I have graduated from high school, a grand total of eight girls (my age) I know have become ENGAGED. Like, to be married. I don't necessarily question their decisions, because every person is different. Very different. I just know for me, a proposal at this stage in my life would send me in to a coma or cardiac arrest. Big decisions scare me. (You know this.)
Anyway, all that being said, I am happy to announce that falling in love and getting married is not likely to happen within my near future.
I am going to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The manner in which I received my answer is a little too sacred to share on the internet, but it was very clear. Miraculously, I received my answer the weekend after I typed up that last wordy post. Thank you so much to all of you who sent me words of encouragement while the waters were still a little murky. I am so blessed to have you wise, experienced people in my life. I feel so happy, excited, and at peace with the decision!
My availability date will probably fall somewhere in November/December of this year.
I cannot wait to start my paperwork and receive the call to serve. I am pretty sure I've wanted to do this my entire life, and I am so incredibly grateful and humbled to know that this is the direction my Heavenly Father wants me to take.
And by the way, the sun is shining here in Rexburg, and it feels so so so good.
Hoping you're enjoying your weather, or at the very least feeling warm inside,
Jess
P.S. Whaddaya think about the changes I've made around here?
4 comments:
Beautiful!
Cool stuff
Yay yay yay!!!
Hooray!!! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment