I resolved to hold off on posting this stuff
until everything was finished.
But that could be months from now.
Besides, I like the "begin where you are" ideology.
Apron #1
Yes, there will be more.
Many more.
Because it's so easy.
Except for hemming the armpits.
That was tricky.
I used {these} instructions.
New tote/purse.
Flowers, green, pink, and pale yellow say spring.
Recognize the appliqued flower?
I might actually rip the seams at the top and redo
the stitches because I turned down the lining too much.
But it works, and it's me.
Thanks, {calico}.
Old Navy made this shirt, but I made alterations.
The holes for the sleeves were huge and gaping.
A simple straight stitch up the sides made it smaller.
And modest.
It's nothing like {Charity's} inspiring project.
But as modest clothes become harder and harder to find,
the alterations to clothing is really come in handy.
Just fyi.
4 comments:
Lookie there. BEAUTIFUL creations and alterations! Great job, Jessica. You have a huge amount of talent!
Hi Jessica. I laughed when I read your comment because I totally remember you! In fact, i read your blog all the time and have asked Lori to invite us over with the Stoner's so I can drill your mom on how to raise kids to be just like you. You're an amazing inspiration...I wish I was you at 17. You've got it together.
And your sewing is awesome! You guys should come over for a sewing party. We need another party...without fireworks this time.
Nicely done, you crafty girl. Love it all, and hey, that's the same pattern I used for my apron! :)
Way to go on "finishing" things. If it wasn't so wrong to be proud, I'd say "I'm so proud of you!"
Post a Comment