3.07.2011

New Arrival

I was going to let my mom blog about this.
But I just can't wait.

My generous great-grandfather returned Home this January,
just a few days after reaching 101 years of a frugal, faithful,
hard-working, and fulfilled life.
I realize I have some pretty big shoes to fill.

I was dying of a cold last week {or at least felt I was},
So I stayed home from school for a few days.
After waking up from a much-needed nap,
I came downstairs and squealed with delight when I saw this:















Isn't she beautiful?


 















We're going to call her Bella Notte.

I can't help but smile and sit down to play for a minute every time
I see her sitting in the corner of our living room.

Everyone has been playing lately.
Matthew and Ben ask for lessons.
Lauren has mastered "The Entertainer".
Dad has even sounded out some tunes.
Mom couldn't be happier.
She doesn't do much for herself.
One of the best things has been seeing
her so happy with this new addition in our home.

I've realized how much I really love the piano.
I feel motivated to learn some challenging pieces
because it just sounds so amazing.

No more flat notes, squeaking pedals, sticky and uneven keys,
smoke-damaged wood, or broken music holder.

I loved our old piano in it's own respect.
I learned everything that I know about
playing on that majestic 1920's beast.

But the change is welcome.

Beauty. Love. Music. Joy. Heaven.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Grandpa.

3 comments:

janelle said...

o my goodness. its amazing :) i love new piano-s. they just sound amazing :) congratulations to you :-)

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the new arrival! It seems like it has belonged there all along, doesn't it? :) I adore the piano. Maybe you can play some Phantom of the Opera theme music and fill the entire house with the eerie feeling. Or you could play River FLows in You and let the music flow, reverbrate, and soothe your household :)

Niki Carter said...

Thanks for your comments about my crazy girls. I'm so excited for you guys to have your new piano!