2010 was all about being strong and having courage.
I did a lot of scary things,
and I tried lots of new things.
I had my first AP class starting in January.
I went rock climbing for the first time.
I'm still a little scared of heights {falling, really}.
But I'd happily do it again.
I turned 16!
For the first and only time.
I went to prom for the first time.
It was a Mormon Prom, but it still counts!
I went on my first date.
I was in my first real car accident, too.
Luckily I wasn't driving, but it really traumatized me.
I heard my own scream in my head for a couple days.
So I postponed getting my learner's permit.
But after months of realizing paranoia
isn't going to change the fact
that driving is an important part of life,
I've finally found the courage to get behind the wheel again.
My dad is a great teacher.
I worked on a horse farm for the first time.
Not as a job, just for fun.
I think I'm insane.
I scooped up poo and didn't even care about the grossness
because I was so giddy to be around horses.
It was such a wonderful experience.
I met Sister Elaine S. Dalton, the General Young Women President
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Don't judge this picture.
We stayed up way too late crying and sharing our testimonies,
and it resulted in a thrown-together look the next morning.
My counselor Jenna was the best.
I hope I meet up with some of the people in my company
at BYU or on a mission someday.
It's a small world, you know.
If you have a teen, send 'em to an EFY for a week!
I went river rafting for the first time.
Nothing crazy as far as rapids are concerned,
but still totally fun.
I tried knee-boarding and wake-boarding for the first time, too.
Wake-boarding still needs some work.
But I mastered the knee board
after laughing hysterically at everyone
on the back of the boat demonstrate how to wiggle my way up.
I wish I'd had a camera with me.
Oh yeah... I started my first blog.
The next first was starting school as an upper-classmen!
Woohoo!
I hosted the annual get-psyched-for-our-biggest-
high-school-football-game-party for the first time this year.
I have crazy friends.
Some of us were completely covered in acrylics.
We dressed up as Al Capone and Boo for the first time.
Er, we probably won't do that again.
And it wasn't scary.
But I'm including it for the sake of documentation.
No soccer games this year.
I was a cheerleader for flag football for the first time!
And hung out with some cute little friends.
Ben was the incredible athlete.
There was also some serious cheering for volleyball,
but Lauren's just an old natural at that by now.
Watch out for her killer serves.
I participated in an All-East Tennessee choir.
The auditions and screenings really weren't too scary.
I'm shooting for All-State next time.
I tried out for solos in my school choir this year.
I wasn't picked for any, but I gained a little more confidence.
I feel like a me-monster for talking about all this stuff I did.
I was only able to do the scary things
because I prayed for courage though.
And I still love my family.
{Dad was taking the picture.}
Sorry to neglect you, 2010.
You were a good year.
If you read this whole thing
you deserve a plate of brownies.
4 comments:
You are brave, girl! I can only imagine what 2011 holds for someone as awesome as you!!!
Happy Birthday to the brave and daring Jessica! That is alot of trying new things (and maybe hard things too!) Congratulations!
I just realized it's not your birthday (I can't belive you are lighting your own candles in that first picture.) Carry on with greatness!
you are so polite! Haha don't mind if I kinda take the idea and say what some of my goals are going to be for this year...and I love hearing about you! haha granted, I see you at times, but you're just so great, no one would mind these kind of posts more often :)
Post a Comment