11.25.2011

In Thanksgiving

So I joined Facebook this week. Yay! I still have somewhat mixed feelings about it actually, but it's been fun to connect with some distant friends and family so far.

Don't worry, dear blog. You still have my heart. I just feel like I can speak and explain more on my blog, and the things that I share are more meaningful and heartfelt because of it. So today I am grateful for blogs.

I'm grateful for my grandparents. Oh, how I want to be accepted to BYU and live in Provo! I haven't lived near cousins, aunts/uncles, or grandparents since I was four years old. They are sharing the Thanksgiving holiday with us until next Tuesday. I just love sitting with my grandma and grandpa and talking about everything from Lady Antebellum to our Welsh origins (they're cool like that).

I'm grateful for laughter. Isn't it a difficult thing to explain a laugh? I just can't think of a more lovely sound that Heavenly Father has given us to express humor and happiness. It's a sad day that passes by without a little laughter.

I'm grateful for adversity. I know, I know. I'm just asking for it by saying that. This is a blessing that really depends on perspective sometimes. I may complain and have a little pity party when hard things come my way at times, but I know with a surety that there is a greater plan, and any difficulty will ultimately be for my good. I'm grateful for those moments when I feel sad, discouraged, or frustrated. They make the happy times that much sweeter.

I'm grateful for love. Love from my parents. Love from Lauren, Matthew, and Ben. The love I feel for them. Love from leaders and teachers. My future love. (And allow me a moment to shift gears. Just because I don't have a boyfriend or talk about boys very much does not mean that I am not interested! Oh man. I am such a romantic it's not even funny. But I don't think that high school relationships have a very good chance of ending happily, and I've promised that I'll wait not only for the right person to give my heart to, but the right person to give my heart to at the right time. Anyhoo, maybe that's too much personal info. for the internet. I don't know. Back to thanksgiving...)

I'm grateful for those still, quiet moments when I can feel the Spirit of God whisper truths to me, and I can feel my testimony growing. I have so much to learn. But I am grateful to know that I can pray about anything that matters to me, and it will matter enough to Someone else enough that He will answer.

I am just grateful for the simple, yet profound things that make this life worth living.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Lovely post. I'm thankful for valiant young women who set a good example for my kids (and me).
When will you find out about BYU??