8.13.2011

Freshman Orientation and More




I was at my high school yesterday morning for Freshman Orientation because I'm a student mentor. It was pretty chaotic. As lots of speakers talked about being involved in sports, and clubs, and out-of-class activities, I thought, "Yeah, that's so true. Be involved. Join as many clubs as you can."



When the Student Body President was talking about SGA (student government), and when I saw theater people, and really athletic class members, I felt a tiny twinge of guilt that I didn't get involved in all those awesome things as a freshman. But I was really shy then, and afraid to try new things that I wasn't comfortable with at the time.



Then when I came home and thought about my lack of intense school involvement over these past four years, one word that was not from my own head came into my mind.


Family.
























And I wouldn't trade anything in the world,
(not even a super involved high school experience)
For all the time I've spent with my crazy family these past four years of my life.



Ever.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hahahahahahaha! Awesome faces!!
Awesome post. Very insightful :)