1.03.2011

"Gone With the Wind"





Vivien Leigh is a marvelous actress.
But Scarlett O'Hara is trouble.

May I overcome rejection,
and never be like her.

I don't hate the girl though.
She certainly had moments of goodness and growth.
I don't think I could ever shoot a man
or deliver someone's baby
or make a dress out of a curtain.

{Well, I lied. Maybe I'd do that last one.}

But I hope she goes back to Tara
and becomes like sweet, forgiving Melanie
for her own sake.

Thanks for ordering this movie from Netflix, Mom.
I love me a good old timey Southern classic.

3 comments:

The Borden Family said...

I hate to admit I've never seen the whole movie...although I do love the name Tara.....he he! I'll add it to my queue!

Lauren said...

Scarlett O'Hara needs to wake up from her fantasy world and come back to earth. There is one word to sum her up. Fickle. She thinks she is in love with Ashley, but really she needs to understand that she is married to Cap'n Butler and love him. I do declare that North & South is muuch better. Scarlett is an idiot. Teehee sorry I needed to vent. Haha.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Hi Jessica--forgive me for blog stocking. I don't have an e-mail for you, and I couldn't find you on facebook. I'm just hoping you'll read this.

First off -- I love the character of Scarlett. I think she has such strength and spunk. Yes, she has flaws, but I admire her strength and determination. I've read the complete book several times and watched the movie at least as many times. :)And I've read North and South a couple of times.

Now----I need to know how you are related to the Knights. Because we gave to be related.

Thanks.........Trey's Grammy