12.25.2010

Joyeux Noël


I'm feeling reflective.
Today, there's no pressure to be anywhere or do anything.
It would've been nice to walk around in the snow a little,
but it's been washed away by rain now.


Monday, I'll probably want to go out and do something.
Like use my JoAnn Fabric & Craft
and Hobby Lobby gift certificate.
And create something because I have beautiful leisure time.


But today, it feels really, really nice to just be still.
And stay at home with my family.
I think Christmas is officially my favorite holiday.































I love finding and chopping down our own real Christmas tree.
And the sweet smell of pine.




I love the parties with friends.
Which include {but are not limited to} Christmas caroling,
Dirty Santa gift exchanges, and watching the movie "Elf".
And maybe even super-soaking certain young men who made non-jumpy me scream...




I love putting up Christmas cards
and family pictures on our closet door.
And reading all the letters.
It's so good to hear from our distant friends and family.




I love the music.
Especially from incredibly talented people in my stake,
and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

































I love the star on top of our tree.
And pausing by the living room before I go to bed
to remind myself why it's there.





I love the memories and traditions my parents have instilled in me.
I really miss my extended family this year. It's bittersweet.
But I'm grateful that I'm not lonely.




Most of all, I love my Savior.
I'm grateful for this special time of year
to remember His birth, and all that He is.
Although Christmas doesn't last all year long,
I know that His love is never far away.


I hope you're having a very Merry Christmas.
I think I'll go snuggle up with a book now.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How beautiful!

Lori said...

Love your Christmas reflections. You're right, it's the best. Ever.