6.07.2013
Today
“It is not so much the major events as the small day-to-day decisions that map the course of our living."
-- Gordon B. Hinckley
I felt pushed to blog today, and I couldn't decide how to write. Or what to write. But I needed to write.
I was happy to come across the above quote from one of my favorite people.
I believe those words with passion.
I was perusing some other inspiring blogs. And I thought, I know I have something meaningful to share. I know that there is surely something inspiring to say. I need to get out some energy by writing about my feelings and beliefs.
Then when I came across this quote I realized that bearing my soul doesn't have to mean sharing big, huge events, experiences, or feelings. I can bear my soul by just being me, and that will be manifested by the small things that I do and think every day.
Right now I'm getting ready to practice for a ward soccer game. Why am I doing this?
Well I'm plumb crazy, for starters.
I don't play soccer!
But I think it will be fun.
Exercise is important for my health. And I want to be healthy. I really want to be healthy. Plus, I love my ward and all the people in it. I think teams make for good bonding and learning opportunities.
Today was kind of hard as far as motivation. This has been a tough week. I'm ready for a break.
Being outside feels amazing. The grass is so soft and green and luscious. And there are tons of new flowers that the grounds workers have planted all over campus. And with the signature Idaho breeze, I can smell them. The sunshine feels so soothing and wonderful.
I just love it.
I'm teaching Relief Society this Sunday. I'm excited and nervous. I love praying for strength and feeling the Lord guide my thoughts and the direction of discussions when I stand up before everyone, vulnerable and honest.
I believe in being real, and that vulnerability gives us the greatest capacity for heartache, sorrow, and disappointment; but also for joy, compassion, charity, and peace.
Though these small things are simple (sometimes mundane), they are mapping the course of my living.
Some days are harder than others, but I sure am grateful for the journey.
(2:29 is my favorite part.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment