10.12.2012

Create: A Series

I work full-time right now. When I'm not working I'm usually catching up on sleep or attending a church function. I've determined that while I'm busy, I want to make good use of my time. I have had several opportunities to serve, attend the temple, read good books, spend time with extended family, and even go on a few dates! But I felt like some part of me was missing, and I found it when I was preparing a birthday gift for Lauren.

I need to create.

I need to produce something of beauty and style on a consistent basis to satisfy my artistic inclinations. And I find it's good therapy for moments of stress, sadness, or loneliness. Creating makes me feel whole.

So I'm going to make an effort to create something, whatever it may be, at least once a week, and I'll blog about it to keep myself accountable.

For this week (even though I completed it several weeks ago):


Chevron-patterned Decorative "L" for Lauren





Materials:
  • wooden letter block from Tuesday Morning
  • acrylic paint in shades of blue-grey, yellow, and off-white
  • a ruler I didn't use
  • paintbrushes of choice
It was easy-peasy. I intended to measure each angle and distance between the stripes, but ended up doing it free-handed. I liked it better that way, but for those of you who love precision you could totally make the measurements exact.

Happy 16th (last month), Lauren!

I love you bunches.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Totally cute! Love your color choices