I could never possibly count all my blessings.
I have so much to be grateful for.
I have so much to be grateful for.
For friends.
Who fall in a river,
and make me laugh out loud
and soak up good memories.
Who humble me and expand my perspective.
Who cheer me up when I'm having a not-so-good day.
And remind me that it's okay to just have fun sometimes.
Who are my partners in crime,
But would never actually allow me
to do anything dangerous or wrong.
Who help me keep my standards,
and make me want to be better
and reach a little higher.
{no pun intended on my shortness}
and make me want to be better
and reach a little higher.
{no pun intended on my shortness}
I'm grateful for my family.
For my gorgeous little sister.
Who constantly reminds me to be realistic,
But totally ridiculous and goofy at the same time.
I'm grateful that I can always talk to her,
And that we go through the
difficulties and joys of teenagehood together.
She's my best friend.
For my brothers.
Even in their constant messes and noises.
They teach me to be patient.
I'm grateful for this guy's imagination.
For his clever attempts at persuasion.
For his tender heart and kindness.
And for his enthusiasm.
I'm grateful for his smile.
And that he still thinks I'm his cool big sister.
And that he'll stop reading Harry Potter
to rock out to the Beatles with me.
I'm grateful for my hippie parents.
Who really aren't hippies at all.
But they like to make life fun for us.
I'm grateful for their diligence and commitment.
For how incredibly hard they work.
For their strength and examples
When they go through hard things.
And for the unconditional love they have for me.
And for their faith.
I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And for a testimony that it's true.
For the standards and principles of it
that protect me and make me happy.
For the peace it brings me
In knowing who I am and what my purpose is.
I really have no reason to ever complain
when I see all that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with.
8 comments:
wow thats so precious! i love all those photos of your family!! they are soo adorable!! especially benjamin stoner!!! aah soo sweet
I have said it about three times, but I shall say it again. I need to work on being creative and artsy and taking beautiful pictures like you...hey would you like to tutor me? ;)
and uuuhh is that me? haha I'm online! On someone else's blog!! That makes me feel special...
Very nice Jess! I enjoyed reading your thankful post. Good job on the pictures too. Love you!
this is allie...
wow jess, that was awesome! you are so inspiring and thought provoking!!! i am so grateful to know you!
Jessica, that was beautiful. I'm grateful everyday that you are my daughter. I love you!
Now that was a great blog entry!
You are awesome.
You Rock!
Post a Comment